Alpha Analytical is proud to announce that it has become a tenant of a Halifax Solar farm project, through AMPION, a company connecting solar producers with customers, beginning in December, 2019 and has become 100% carbon neutral, effective February, 2020.
By committing to this project, the company is taking a big step to make our energy infrastructure clean, resilient, and domestic, and effectively reducing the overall impact on the environment in a sizable way.
Alpha's electricity consumption in previous years was about 2,700,000 kWh per year. Now it will be completely offset by solar production. This commitment will contribute to a reduction in greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, which is one of the main contributing factors to global climate change.
The impact of this agreement, by the numbers, is equivalent to:
- About 1909 metric tons of Carbon Dioxide
- Taking 405 cars off the road for a year or an equivalent of 4,736,993 miles driven
- 2,103,465 pounds of coal burned
- Electricity used at 323 homes annually
- Charging 243,460,032 smart phones
- The Carbon Sequestered as a result is equivalent to 31,566 tree saplings grown for one year
Being a part of this solar projects not only helps to address the environmental impacts of our energy usage but helps support an industry that actively works to improve our environment in a responsible manner.
Additionally, all Alpha employees can take advantage of the benefits for their homes through AMPION.