Today, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker announced the requirement of all non-essential businesses to cease in-person operations from March 24th through April 7. Please see the State of Massachusetts website for details of this announcement. Similar orders have been made in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and elsewhere.
Alpha Analytical will remain open as there are a number of categories that Alpha falls into to be considered an essential business per the Governor’s Order.
How We Are Keeping Our Employees and Customers Safe
- Couriers are, along with all of our employees, practicing social distancing as instructed by the CDC guidelines.
- Washing, sanitizing and routinely cleaning surfaces and hands is the most effective defense to the virus. The bathrooms are equipped with paper towels instead of jet dryers to reduce the spread of the virus. Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations are being installed throughout the facility and employees have access to sanitizing wipes for additional cleanliness of their office space.
- We have increased the frequency of our cleaning company to twice a day, once during the day and in the evening.
- We are identifying our essential business functions, essential jobs or roles, and critical elements required to maintain business operations. As we continue to monitor the on-going situation, all non-essential personnel will work from home.
- We will be monitoring our workforce and revising scheduling where needed so we can avoid any disruption of service where possible.
- Cross-training has been established in the event of an outbreak in our area. This will help us maintain a business as usual status on all projects.
- We are constantly monitoring our supply chain, in the event of an issue arising it will be addressed immediately.
- There is a moratorium on meetings, client visits, and audits until further notice.
- If there were to be a confirmed case within our facility, we have contracted with a cleaning and sanitation company for the facility to be completely sanitized and disinfected on an emergency basis.
We will continue to monitor the updates that are provided by the CDC and WHO and will keep you updated as a result. Please contact your account representative or project manager should you have any additional questions.
We at Alpha Analytical thank you for business.