Like most of you, Alpha Analytical is concerned about the current coronavirus outbreak and is actively monitoring the situation with updates from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO) and various state entities. As it continues to evolve, our priority remains the health and wellbeing of all of our employees and customers. We sympathize with those who have been directly impacted by the virus.
What You Need To Know
Alpha Is Open For Business
- Our project managers are working to keep your projects moving through the laboratories.
- Courier Service continues to operate on a full schedule to pick up and deliver coolers and media. Couriers will now be wearing gloves for all pick-ups and coolers continue to be sanitized after each use. Couriers are, along with all of our employees, practicing social distancing as instructed by the CDC guidelines.
- Our cleaning service is on site 24 hours/day to insure that our facilities are virus-free.
Laboratory and Office Procedures
- Washing, sanitizing and routinely cleaning surfaces and hands is the most effective defense to the virus. The bathrooms are equipped with paper towels instead of jet dryers to reduce the spread of the virus. Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations are being installed throughout the facility and employees have access to sanitizing wipes for additional cleanliness of their office space.
- We have increased the frequency of our cleaning company to twice a day, once during the day and in the evening.
- We are identifying our essential business functions, essential jobs or roles, and critical elements required to maintain business operations. As we continue to monitor the on-going situation we reserve the option to have non-essential personnel to telework or work from home.
- We will be monitoring our workforce and revising scheduling where needed so we can avoid any disruption of service where possible.
- Cross-training has been established in the event of an outbreak in our area. This will help us maintain a business as usual status on all projects.
- We are constantly monitoring our supply chain, in the event of an issue arising it will be addressed immediately.
- Meetings, client visits, and audits will be evaluated on a day-to-day basis as to whether they are essential to have in-person or if they can be held via video call.
- If there were to be a confirmed case within our facility we have contracted with a cleaning and sanitation company for the facility to be completely sanitized and disinfected on an emergency basis.
Alpha Analytical wants to ensure all employees are taking the proper precautions to help prevent exposure and the spread of the virus to our coworkers and office locations.
If an employee has recently traveled outside the US to one of the high-risk areas –currently defined by the CDC and WHO as China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran, Europe, UK & Ireland –Alpha Analytical is requiring employees to:
- Work from home for 14 days following the return or potential exposure and inform their manager and HR of their travel history immediately.
- Do not visit any customers/prospects during those 14 days and declare recent travel to these high-risk areas before resuming their meetings.
- Monitor their health condition closely by taking their temperature twice a day and seek medical treatment immediately if they feel unwell.
- Remain symptom-free for the 14-day incubation period before returning to the office.
- We’ve asked that all employees closely monitor their health, stay home and take care of themselves if they are not feeling well, and should seek medical care as appropriate. If they believe they may have been exposed to the coronavirus, through close contact with someone who has, we urge them to take precautions to protect themselves and others.
We will continue to monitor the updates that are provided by the CDC and WHO and will keep you updated as a result. Please contact your account representative or project manager should you have any additional questions. We at Alpha Analytical thank you for business and understanding during this challenging time.